UNBLOCK YOUR WEALTH recognises that your privacy is important and is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
This policy sets out how Ying-Chieh (Winnie) Chen (ABN 98 740 341 621) trading as UNBLOCK YOUR WEALTH, our subsidiaries and affiliates (“UYW”, “we”, “us” or “our”) manages your personal information.
- “Services” means any services provided by UYW to you, including providing you with access to the Website and Content; and
This policy governs UYW’s collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
By engaging our Services, visiting our Website, using the Content available on the Website, including completing our Quiz, or otherwise providing UYW with your personal information, you consent to your personal information being collected, stored, used and disclosed as set out in this policy or as otherwise disclosed by us at the time of collection.
The Website and our Quiz may contain links to other websites that are not owned, operated or controlled by us. As such, we are not responsible for the information on these sites, or their privacy policies.
We may update this policy from time to time. You can find the most current version on our Website.
- What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect and hold will depend on the nature of your interaction with us, but may include the following types of information:
- name, physical address and contact information such as phone numbers and email addresses;
- your date of birth;
- your financial information and details such as your annual personal income and/or household income, salary, expenses, dependents, investments, financial goals and interests; and
- any other personal information which you supply to us, including information on your gender, age, occupation, activities, interests and personal descriptions.
- What kinds of non-personal information do we collect?
We use data collection services called “cookies” and data collected by other technologies that allow us to track your use of the Website. The technical data is used to determine visitor traffic, trends, remember your preferences and deliver personalised content to you while you are using the Website.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, for example, to show trends about the general use of the Website.
- How do we collect personal information?
UYW collects personal information from you directly, if you choose to provide it through one of the following means:
- when you engage our Services;
- when you enter any information or data into our Website or Content, including completing the Quiz or other survey or questionnaire;
- when you sign up to our mailing lists or register for our events;
- when you communicate or interact with us or others on our social media accounts;
- when you contact our customer service team to make an enquiry or leave feedback; and
- cookies when you access and use the Website.
We endeavour to only collect personal information about an individual from that individual. There are some circumstances when we may need to collect your personal information from third parties, such as financial institutions. We may also collect personal information from publicly available records.
We may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy form, or a combination of both.
Social networking and communication services
UYW uses social networking and communication services such as Facebook, LinkedIn Instagram and Whatsapp, Line and WeChat to communicate with the public about our Services. When you communicate with us using these services we may collect your personal information, but we only use it to help us to communicate with you and the public. The social networking and communications service will also handle your personal information for its own purposes. These services have their own privacy policies. You can access the privacy policies for Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Whatsapp, Line and WeChat on their websites.
You should also be aware that if you communicate with us through a social network or communication service such as Facebook, LinkedIn ,Instagram or Whatsapp, Line and WeChat, the social network or communication service provider and its partners may collect and hold your personal information overseas.
- How do we use your personal information?
UYW uses the personal information (which is not sensitive information) it collects for the purposes for which it was provided to UYW and for related secondary purposes, to carry out UYW’s business purposes, to fulfil its legal obligations, other related purposes or as permitted or required by law.
In particular, UYW may use your personal information to:
- verify your identity;
- provide products and Services that you have requested, and respond to your enquiries;
- recommend products and Services that may be of interest to you, based on your transaction history and preferences;
- provide you with information about our events or our Services that may interest you and, more generally, to maintain our relationship with you;
- send promotional offers and marketing material to you;
- maintain a database of users of the Website and our clients;
- enhance your experience of the Website, and make the Website easier for you to use, including remembering your preferences and personalising your experience on the Website;
- plan our product and service development in accordance with the needs of our customers;
- facilitate our business operations.
You do not have to provide personal information to us if you do not wish to, but if you do not do so, it may affect our ability to provide you with our goods and Services and with information about them.
- How do we use sensitive information?
Sensitive information is a type of personal information that includes information about an individual’s criminal record, racial or ethnic origin or sexual orientation or practices. We will only use your sensitive information for the purpose for which you have provided it to us and to the extent that it is reasonably necessary for us to provide the Website and Services to you.
- Who do we disclose your personal information to?
Generally, UYW will not disclose your personal information to any other third parties unless you have consented to such disclosure. Such consent may be given expressly or it may be implied by conduct.
In particular, your personal information may occasionally be disclosed to:
- our directors, officers, employees and related entities (including entities located overseas), for the purpose of our business and marketing purposes only;
- third party contractors or service providers that we use in the ordinary course of our business to assist with the delivery of our products and services (on a confidential basis and such service providers will be limited in their use of the information to the purpose of our business only);
- specialist advisers who have been engaged to provide us with legal, administrative, financial, insurance, research, marketing or other services; and
- any other person authorised, implicitly or expressly, when the personal information is provided to or collected by us.
UYW reserves the right to disclose any personal information (including sensitive information) to law enforcement or other government officials where we reasonably believe that this may be necessary or appropriate, or where it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s safety, life or health.
UYW will never sell, trade, lease or rent your personal information to third parties.
- Direct marketing communications
We want to send you marketing and promotional communications only if you want to receive them from us. If you prefer not to receive these communications from us, please let us know by calling +61(0) 438 043 755 or sending us an email at [email protected]
If we send you any marketing or promotional communications by email, you can also click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the message.
- Our Commitment to Data Security
UYW takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold, whether in electronic or other form, from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
UYW may retain any personal information you provide during the use of the Website, for a period of 36 months after your last interaction with us. After 36 months, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information we hold if it is no longer needed for UYW’s business purposes and it is permissible by law to do so.
- Access to personal information
You may request access to personal information that UYW holds about you in writing by using the contact details below. UYW will process such requests within a reasonable time and may charge a fee for providing access, which will cover the costs of verifying the application and retrieving the information requested. If UYW denies an access request, we will:
- provide you with a written notice, setting out reasons for our refusal and how you may complain about the refusal; and
- take reasonable steps to give access to personal information in a way that meets your needs.
- Correction of personal information
UYW will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If there are any changes to your personal information, please let us know using the contact details below.
If you request us to, we will take reasonable steps to correct the personal information we hold about you so that it is accurate, complete and up to date, or will provide reasons for not doing so.
Your complaint will be reviewed by our Privacy Officer, who will investigate the issue and determine the steps that UYW will take to resolve your complaint. UYW will contact you if it requires any further information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation.
If you are not satisfied with UYW’s determination, you can contact UYW to discuss your concerns or contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner through its website at www.oaic.gov.au.
- Contact Details
Phone Number: +61(0) 438 043 755
Attention: Winnie Chen
Email: [email protected]